The Frazer-Nash story: A century of achievement
Frazer-Nash Manufacturing is the latest evolution in a story of engineering excellence going back more than a century.
In 1910, English mechanical engineer and designer Archibald Frazer-Nash jointly developed a lightweight automobile, the GN Cycle Car. After more than a decade of success with the GN, in 1922 he set up the Frazer-Nash sports car company to develop a successor. Various Frazer-Nash models were introduced over the next three decades, becoming a classic sports car marque still admired today.
By 1929, Archibald Frazer-Nash had turned his personal attentions to other areas of engineering and inventing, setting up a new company focused on solutions for the growing aerospace industry. During World War II, the Frazer-Nash company achieved particular success with its innovative servo-motor-powered gun turrets, used on bombers such as the Avro Lancaster and Vickers Wellington.
A heritage of innovation
In the post-war decades, the Frazer-Nash business expanded into a wide range of engineering sectors. In 1990, this Frazer-Nash group was rationalized into a number of smaller specialist companies. Frazer-Nash Manufacturing is one of these businesses, formed from a significant portion of the manufacturing and design departments of the former group.
Since 1990, Frazer-Nash Manufacturing has continued the long history of engineering excellence associated with the Frazer-Nash name, moving to our current site in Petersfield, Hampshire in 2011. The majority of our business today is focused on providing engineering solutions for food manufacturing, aerospace and other precision-focused industries.